RogueSquadronPlayByPost

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPG Play-By-Post Forum

3 posters

Serenity RPG

maskedmaker

Serenity RPG Empty Serenity RPG

Post  maskedmaker Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:57 am

Welcome To My First Attempt at GMing in 4, going on 5 years, Basing it on the Serenity RPG

First Question, What Type of Character do you want to play? Ask yourself questions about your character and answer them here

What motivates your character?
    (May seem like strange questions, but I need this information to develop abit of a theme, and NPC's etc)
    Admin
    Admin

Serenity RPG Empty Re: Serenity RPG

Post  Admin Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:01 am

Sorry, but I don't answer weird questions. tongue
    That said,
    First: My personality was closest to Wash's in the show, so I'll go pilot. Or, if need be, I could do pilot/mechanic, to make things easier on the GM.
    Second: Let me answer that by asking you this? tongue (Nice Brian Regan reference?)
    http://comedians.jokes.com/brian-regan/videos/brian-regan---politics
    What is our objective? I mean, if you want me to be terrified of reavers, I can do that. If you want me to be a greed-driven space pirate, I can do that too. But if you tell me what sort of story you're going for, I can make my motivations fit.
    maskedmaker

Post  maskedmaker Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:05 pm

So you want to taser 7 year olds, okay, lol
    (have u changed your mind on reavers now? im not worried about using them if your not)
    I was thinking maybe playing as an anti alliance crew, if that sounds alright to you? unless you have something different in mind?
    maskedmaker

Post  maskedmaker Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:37 am

Now Starting!
    ***The Recent History***
    2 Days Ago Xi(Otherwise known as Wash) has split with his previous crew after their captain was killed in a vicious encounter with an alliance group, the alliance also seized the ship, leaving Xi and the rest of his former crew without any form of work, and abandoned on the planet of Xishar...

Previous Day
    Xi has been received an anonymous letter telling him to leave Xishar quickly, and that more info would arrive the next day

Earlier Today
    Xi has recieved no further information from anyone regarding leaving Xishar, however he has noticed an increase in Alliance presence

PRESENT TIME
    ****Role Playing Begins***
    Sitting at a bar enjoying some down time before you head out looking for a new crew....

A 6'3 gruff man approaches you, and says "Xi I was hoping to find you here, dont ask how I know of you, your not the easiest fella to track but I have my ways, believe me on that one, I need a pilot to join my crew and I need to leave soon, my sources say your dang good pilot and thats what I need, I must leave quickly, certain people would rather not have me around, Whataya say?"
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:38 am

I make an influence check. (I believe it's an influence check. [Roll a 3+6=9] "Any reason for me to be all trustin' your ruttin' hornswoggle? Or should I just cover the ground with yer red right here?" pirat

(Sorry, can't help the leaky brainpan, likely would have been inclined to trust this guy just to get off this gorram rock. But something just ain't right.)
    maskedmaker

Post  maskedmaker Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:24 pm

"Well I'd say its in your best interest to believe me, plus you'll get a split of any profits, try and harm me and it'll probably be the last thing you do..."
    (make an intellegence + willpower roll too see if you can think through your leaky brainpan)(-4 for the leaky brainpan, +2 for the situation your in(so d8+d8 -2)
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:04 pm

7+2-2=7.Wow! Math rules!
    "I want half!" Razz
    maskedmaker

Post  maskedmaker Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:09 pm

"Half are you crazy! theres more than just the two of us!!! U nuts?!
    maskedmaker

Post  maskedmaker Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:10 pm

Maybe I'll leave you on this forsaken planet to rot!
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:15 pm

"How bad you want a pilot? Ain't no ruttin' way I'm riskin' my neck for a less than profitable cause. Got that!"
    New intimidate check. (5+5= Question ) Yer guess is good as mine. Wait, that's what fingers are fer! cheers 9!
    (Huh... Lost one in the war. Dern browncoats! At least it weren't my trigger finger; I can still feel that one attached. In fact, it's starting to itch.)

Last edited by Admin on Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Getting into character.)
    maskedmaker

Post  maskedmaker Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:09 pm

Fair Enough, 33% of profit sounds like a fair share for a pilot to me, like I said there'd be more than just me and you in this crew buddy

(by the way can u let me know what skills and attributes your rolling for just so I know your using the right ones Smile )

maskedmaker

Post  maskedmaker Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:13 pm

And trust me, there is going to be more danger on this planet then under my command
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:58 pm

Hard to think with all the racket in this bar. Maybe that's just in my mind.
    I draw my sonic rifle, firing at him. (I catch him off guard, gaining initiative.) [Guns/Rifles D8+Attack die D4) 5+3=8. Damage=6.
    "Meet you at the ship!" I say, leaving him jolting on the floor. "Commander!" High emphasis on that last part.
    affraid

(And now you know why I only carry stun weapons.)
    maskedmaker

Post  maskedmaker Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:26 am

He grog illy gets up and decides to head to his ship and rest, hoping you show up....
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:46 pm

Basketball (Bouncing my brain.)
    So, I travel to the shipyard, where his ship is likely to be docked. Since there are many browncoats and little else on this world, I look for a ship that doesn't belong to the alliance. I make a perception check. (Alertness+Perception)
    7+5= Question
    cheers Both hands+3. Do I see his ship?
    maskedmaker

Post  maskedmaker Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:36 pm

Yip you see his ship, the Xstaria(pronouned ex-star-e-a) a small-medium sized ship that looks sturdy but could do with a new paint job and a polish...The Door is open
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:15 pm

Looks like my old ship, the Di-aria. Rolling Eyes (Pronounced Diarrhea.)
    I knock politely. That is my style. tongue (Of course, I'm lightly rapping my sonic rifle on his door, poised to blast the first person I recognize.) pirat
    maskedmaker

Post  maskedmaker Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:36 pm

The captain(yes the man u shot) comes up behind you and taps ur shoulder "Good to see you showed"
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:17 pm

"This the best ship you got? It'll fall out of the ruttin' sky before we hit the thermosphere."
    maskedmaker

Post  maskedmaker Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:18 pm

Well its all I've got left, The Alliance got their hands on my other ship, its this or nothing
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:20 pm

"Well, suppose she'll fly. I can fly just about any piece of trash... and some ships too." tongue
    maskedmaker

Post  maskedmaker Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:21 pm

"Thats Good, said I needed a good pilot, better come meet the rest of the crew..." Walks into the ship
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:25 pm

I holster my sonic rifle, and cautiously walk up the dock and into the ship. I'm poised to draw it out at any moment, by the way.
    maskedmaker

Post  maskedmaker Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:26 pm

Put it away everyone is fine...well Amanda is shy, but put that thing away
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:28 pm

Shy? Or is it just my weapon? What kind of pansy name is Amanda? Suspect

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content