RogueSquadronPlayByPost

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPG Play-By-Post Forum

3 posters

Serenity RPG

maskedmaker

Serenity RPG - Page 8 Empty Re: Serenity RPG

Post  maskedmaker Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:29 pm

You Succefully Depart in your new stolen ship
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:33 pm

"So, uh, where does Preppy get off?"
    Dlafreniere

Post  Dlafreniere Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:50 pm

Jahn mutters something under his breath," .... xiaoshi" "Anywhere is fine. Anywhere but here. Best get comfortable, we'll be sharing this space for awhile and I'd rather not have to shoot you in the middle of the night. Has this ship got a galley?"
    maskedmaker

Post  maskedmaker Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:56 pm

"Yes It does" Says Amanda "Follow me" leads you to the galley..."Do you REALLY not know my father?"
    Dlafreniere

Post  Dlafreniere Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:01 pm

"Well,... Amanda? I am Jahn Wells, but I know a lot of people and the name Rick Smith just isn't ringing any bells. Tell me about your father. How did he know me? Why did he say you could trust me?" Jahn rummages through the galley and makes a face after finding only protein paste. "If you're in some kind of trouble, I'm afraid you've caught me at a bad time, or haven't you seen the latest wave on the cortex?"
    maskedmaker

Post  maskedmaker Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:59 pm

I honestly dont know, just before he died he said to find you and I could trust you...He had been the pilot for Michaels crew for 6 years..., what trouble are you in?
    Dlafreniere

Post  Dlafreniere Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:43 pm

Jahn chuckles disbelieving then notices Amanda is serious. He walks to a nearby console and taps up the cortex news feed.
    "Jahn Wells was a pro football player and triathon competitor who made the headlines on many worlds for making a shady deal with reputed crime lord Neb Haversham to lead his team to intentional defeat in the annual intersystem final. throw a game (reason?). Mr. Wells did not profit by his miscreancy as authorities learned of the situation and moved in. Several key sports officials and a Mr. Odei Lenn, a known associate of Mr. Haversham and suspected Lieutenant in his organization, were bound by law, but Mr. Wells escaped custody and fled with an undisclosed amount of cash. It's still a secret known only to Jahn, why, or for whom, he made such a career ending deal."
    Jahn turns off the feed. "Don't get excited. The 'undisclosed amount of cash' was just enough to bribe someone to smuggle me off planet, or so I thought. You say your father worked for michael's crew? Did they ever operate out of Santo?"
    maskedmaker

Post  maskedmaker Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:45 pm

"Ah so that explains the trouble" "Yes they spent a considerable amount of time operating in Santo, ring any bells?"
    Dlafreniere

Post  Dlafreniere Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:20 pm

"well, a couple years back; I was fresh out of Uni and heading to my first offworld game for the pro league. So.. I was sitting in the spaceport lobby and an odd fellow sits next to me, unshaved, wearing an old jacket and carrying a duffel bag. I figured he was there to ship out with the asteroid miners. Anyway, he sits there a few minutes looking around then picks up his duffel, nods to me and walks away. Heh, I was so excited about my first offworld game and the fat contract I had lined up I didn't pay him any mind. About an hour later, they announce my ship is in orbit and for passengers to check any luggage. I grabbed my duffel, or what I thought was my duffel, and then I noticed it was full of money! Well, since I had just signed a fat contract with the proleague, money was not so much a concern of mine as was getting my uniform and other things for the big game. I went off looking for the fellow. As I was walking past the docks, the big ones, you know, with the dividers? I heard shouting. I looked inside and saw the guy that had my duffel. Some tall guy was yelling at him and pointing a gun. I felt sorry for him. I was sure his trouble was on account of the money he lost. I was about to go up to him when another group of men approached them from the other side of the hanger. They all had guns pointed and sounded angry. I t wasn't but a few seconds and the shooting started. They all hid behind what cover they could find and the man with my luggage came closer to the entry, where I was. I wanted my bag, but without being shot. I hit the button to close the divider between the two halves of the hanger. 'Course that sounded the alarm and those fellows with guns looked eager to leave. I ran up to the guy with my bag and explained what had happened. He told me, "Kid, you just saved my skin. What's yer name?" I told him and he shook my hand said he owed me big, blah, blah, blah, michael's crew, blah, blah, blah. I wasn't really paying attention since my flight was landing and I wanted to be on it. He went back to his friends and I ran to catch my flight. I never thought I'd meet him again and honestly I didn't want to. Shoot outs like that don't happen on Santo. Well, not in the spaceport anyway. It's a tourist planet. Sure, it's got corruption and sometimes the syndicate makes it's presence known, but ... well, it's pretty quiet on the surface." Jahn settles back in the chair and searches Amanda's face. [Perception: intuition + Intelligence to get a Read on her = 13] **I'm not sure how bein' a reader works. does it just happen when the gm says, or is it something I can roll for or use when I want to?**
    maskedmaker

Post  maskedmaker Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:16 pm

*Reader means you get a +4 for this type of action plus if you choose to you can spend plot points to find out additional information*

You can tell Amanda is a mix of confusion and disbelief
    "You mean just from that he told me to trust u...I don't buy it, you ever meet him again?"
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:38 pm

Enters. "So, we keeping this ruttin' scum bag, or you want Bill to toss him out an airlock?"
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:12 pm

Losing patience, I grab ahold of Jahn's collar and attempt to toss him out the airlock. (10)
    maskedmaker

Post  maskedmaker Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:39 pm

Amanda screams "Cut it out Xi your not helping anyone by getting rid of him!"

(Jahn now needs to decide on an action to take)
    Dlafreniere

Post  Dlafreniere Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:28 pm

Xi is standing right next to me, holding my collar. I draw my pistol and shoot from the hip (bonus for zero range? don't see how i could miss) Agility+Pistol:13
    maskedmaker

Post  maskedmaker Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:42 pm

(what type of pistol do u have?) Then you must roll for damage
    maskedmaker

Post  maskedmaker Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:45 pm

Amanda Screams And Draws her pistol "Look if we're going to do this either you two need to learn to put up with each other or avoid each other"
    Dlafreniere

Post  Dlafreniere Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:19 pm

Standard Pistol from the core rulebook. D6 W damage: 4
    I notice it has a rate of fire of 3 per round. I'd like to fire 2 more times if I could modify my previous action, please. Agility+Pistol: 11 & 14
    maskedmaker

Post  maskedmaker Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:22 pm

Okay, all hits roll another 2 d6
    Dlafreniere

Post  Dlafreniere Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:34 pm

4 and 3
    maskedmaker

Post  maskedmaker Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:40 pm

Xi falls to the ground (nick you just lost 11 Wound points if im reading the rules corrrect lol)

That classes you as seriously wounded

*Amanda Raises her pistol at Jahn "I dont wannat shoot so put your gun away, he wont harm you now"
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:45 pm

Xi dies... protecting Amanda from the Scum Bag. (Hope you're happy now.)
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:45 pm

Amanda and Scum Bag, stuck in space with no pilot. Have fun.
    maskedmaker

Post  maskedmaker Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:47 pm

(normally he would lose extra life points for the attack/defense roll but im not applying that since he's got you by the collar)

And Xi you hadnt even fallen unconcious yet lol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:50 pm

Well then, with my last breath... Bill shoots Scum Bag to defend me, rolls a 15.
    maskedmaker

Post  maskedmaker Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:54 pm

Jahn make an agility roll for denfense

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 28, 2024 2:15 am